Austin Defective Motorcycle Part Attorney
Motorcycle safety is not just a concern for riders. It should also be a top priority for manufacturers of motorcycles and motorcycle parts. Motorcyclists put their lives in the hands of those who design and build motorcycles; those who manufacture the parts and products used in their manufacture; and in motorcyclists’ safety equipment. A defective motorcycle part can contribute to motorcycle accidents, personal injury, and even death.
Product liability law helps protect consumers from becoming injured due to poorly designed or manufactured products such as defective motorcycle parts. However, due to various forms of negligence, oversight may cause a motorcycle product to have a design flaw or a manufacturing defect. Parts suppliers do not always adequately test their products before making them available to manufacturers or to the public. The sheer number of recalls issued alone each year should alert consumers that their safety may not always be the top priority it should be when it comes to the manufacture of motorcycles.
At the King Law Firm, motorcyclists can be assured that their rights will be protected. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash that was caused by the negligence of a motorcycle manufacturer or parts producer, contact Ray King, Texas motorcycle accident attorney. Call (512) 375-4455 for a free consultation.
Defective motorcycle parts that can contribute to serious injury-causing motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Defective signal lights, tail lights, and headlamps
- Cracked, warped, or weakened motorcycle wheels
- Defective brakes/rotors
- Faulty accelerators
- Defective motorcycle tires that could experience tread separation or blowouts
- Defective seats/backrests
- Faulty design of motorcycle frame
- Defective helmets or other safety gear
A motorcycle accident attorney will need to conduct an accident reconstruction and will want to do a thorough investigation of the track record or history of problems either in design or manufacture of defective motorcycle parts which may have contributed to a motorcycle crash.
The only protection a motorcyclist has in case of an accident caused by a defective motorcycle part is protective safety gear such as the following:
- DOT-approved helmets - safety helmets save lives and help prevent concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Information on choosing a motorcycle helmet is available on the NHTSA website.
- Leather gloves - non-slip leather gloves help the rider keep a firm grip on the controls.
- Eye protection - riders need protection from road debris, rocks, insects, etc. Choose face shields, glasses, or goggles that are shatter proof and ventilated - resistant to fogging.
- Leather boots - protect the upper ankle as well as the feet.
- Leather riding pants and jackets - long sleeved jackets and long pants provide some protection from road rash in the event of an accident.
Protective clothing and equipment can also be of poor design or can be poorly manufactured. Defective equipment such as helmets could themselves be a contributing factor in an injury-causing motorcycle accident.
Ray King is not only a knowledgeable Austin motorcycle attorney, but also a motorcycle enthusiast. He knows bikers can be mistreated by deceptive insurance companies or manufactures of defective motorcycle parts. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a defective motorcycle part, contact the King Law Firm. Call (512) 375-4455 today.