austin motorcyclist accident lawyer | Austin Texas Motorcycle Attorney Blog
Texas is one of the few states where motorcycle riders are allowed to ride their bikes without the requirement of wearing a helmet. This privilege to ride helmetless has many stipulations that come along with it, but simply riding without a helmet does not give the police the ability to pull over a rider.
If you have always wondered why so many motorcycles are on Austin’s roadways, stop to realize the benefits of motorcycle ownership — especially in today’s world as opposed to your father’s generation. Your father likely paid less than $2.00 for a gallon of gas and around $10,000 for a new automobile.
Times have changed.
The King Law Firm and Austin attorney Ray King, “The Motorcycle Attorney,” wants you to take the time to consider the following benefits of owning a motorcycle. If you ride already, you know many of these pertain to the wallet, but a few you may never have considered:
- Motorcycles are more affordable. Motorcycles, on average, are less than half the cost of a new car or truck.
- Motorcycles have better fuel efficiency. Many get double the miles per gallon of trucks and SUVs.
- If you have a safe driving record, the cost of motorcycle insurance is much less than car insurance. The average cost is around $200 per year as opposed to the average cost for car insurance — more than $1,000 per year.
- Tolls are cheaper on a motorcycle.
- Locating a place to park is easier.
- Maintaining a motorcycle is less daunting than maintaining a car. You may want to do some of the maintenance yourself.
- Motorcyclists experience increased awareness on the highway. Falling asleep is virtually impossible with the wind in your face.
- Motorcycles are far friendlier to the environment. They create less carbon emissions.
Finally, something every motorcyclist knows, riding a bike is simply fun. Snuggle on your bike with your loved one, enjoy the natural scenery, join in group rides/activities, etc.
Austin motorcycle accident attorney Ray King’s entire legal practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of motorcyclists. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, or if someone you love has lost his or her life due to the carelessness/negligence of another, contact the King Law Firm today. Call (512) 375-4455 for a free case evaluation.