austin motorcycle injury attorneys | Austin Texas Motorcycle Attorney Blog
There comes a time when every avid biker needs to put a bike in storage for an extended period of time. Sometimes the season is too cold to ride, or you got a new bike and are hanging on to an older one. There are many things to keep in mind as you prepare your motorcycle for long-term storage. Here at the King Law Firm, we have a few tips to make sure your motorcycle is in great condition when you decide to take it out on the open road again.
No motorcyclist goes out on the roads of Austin believing that today is the day that he or she will be involved in a crash. However, with thousands of riders being involved in both serious injury and fatal accidents every year throughout the country, it is important that you are always prepared.
Austin motorcyclist injury lawyer Ray King has helped countless individuals recover from their losses and will help hold those at fault for the crash responsible for the trauma they have caused. After having seen so many accidents and the many different injuries that can result, Ray King wants everyone to know the importance of various types of safety gear.
- Helmets: The most vital piece of gear for every rider, a helmet protects the brain and face of a motorcyclist in the event of a crash. Full-face helmets provide the most protection since they guard the lower jaw.
- Spinal Protector: This will fit snugly over the back of a motorcyclist and keep his or her spine in place and guarded so that it is not hit, twisted, or otherwise harmed in a crash.
- Jacket: The best ones will be made from leather, Kevlar, ballistic nylon, or cordura, which will withstand high-speed skids across the road and protect the skin of a rider.
- Boots: With reinforced soles, toes, and ankles, these will prevent feet from being twisted and torn in the midst of a violent crash.
- Gloves: These can be made from leather, cordura, or Kevlar and offer knuckle, wrist, and palm protection and reinforcement. This way, hands can be protected from skidding on asphalt and bones will not be broken in a collision.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligent actions, call the King Law Firm at (512) 375-4455. Through a free consultation on your case, you can learn more about your legal rights and options in pursuing compensation for your losses. With the help of Ray King, you can protect the wellbeing of you and your loved ones.