Motorcycle Safety Gear for Winter Riding in Texas
As the mercury continues to drop and Texans are getting used to cold winter nights, motorcycle enthusiasts in the state may be retiring the bikes for the remainder of the winter season. However, Texas motorcycle crash attorney Ray King knows that if you are a motorcyclist who enjoys riding year-round, adhering to simple safety tips and wearing the appropriate gear during the cold weather months can help keep you safe and warm as you hit the open road. The following are some cold weather accessories that will protect you from the elements and keep you toasty during the Texas winter:
- A full motorcycle helmet: This helmet will keep you warm as it will keep heat from your head trapped and the face screen will protect you from the cold winter winds.
- A scarf or balaclava: By wrapping these garments around your neck, a rider can keep the cold winter wind at bay. Wrapping it around your head as well will provide an extra layer of warmth inside the helmet.
- Electrically heated clothing: Heated clothing will help you stay warm and toasty and ensure your ride is as comfortable as possible.
- Weatherproof jacket and pants: A jacket and pants will cover a majority of your body and cover gaps, which may allow cold air to enter. A good jacket will be made of a synthetic material, such as Kevlar, which will help deflect the wind.
- Gloves: Besides your feet, the hands are most sensitive to the cold. As such, make sure your riding glove is windproof, insulated for warmth, and has a clasp or elastic on the wrist so they can be closed tight around your jacket.
Riding your motorcycle during the cold weather season can be just as fun and exciting as the summertime, but even the safest of motorcycle riders may not be safe if another motorist chooses to act in a negligent manner. The legal team of the King Law Firm can help you obtain the compensation you need to heal if you have been injured as the result of another person. To discuss your situation with us, call (512) 514-6633.