Austin Reckless Driving Motorcycle Collision Attorneys
Motorcyclists are at a rather disadvantageous position on the roadway because not only are they smaller, but they also lack the protective outer shell and safety features such as airbags and seatbelts that are commonly found on passenger vehicles, SUVs, and commercial trucks. Motorcyclists are often the victims of reckless drivers. Examples of reckless driving may include speeding, erratic driving, drunk driving, or aggressive driving. When a larger vehicle strikes a motorcycle, it is the motorcyclist or his or her passenger that is seriously or catastrophically injured.
The effects of motorcycle accident injuries can linger for a long time. In some cases, they may be permanent. The knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorneys at the King Law Firm help motorcyclists who are injured by reckless or negligent drivers obtain fair compensation for their losses. If you or someone you loved has been injured in a motorcycle accident, please contact us at (512) 375-4455 for a no-cost consultation regarding your legal rights and options.
In cases where negligence or wrongdoing is involved, injured motorcyclists can seek compensation from the at-fault drivers for their injuries, damages, and losses. Injured victims can seek compensation to cover damages, including, but not limited to, medical expenses; loss of wages; cost of hospitalization, physical, and occupational therapy; pain and suffering; and emotional distress. The other driver's insurance company may deny your claim or offer you an unfair settlement. If you have made a decision to hold the at-fault driver accountable, it would be in your best interests to retain the services of an experienced accident attorney who will fight for your rights.
Reckless behavior on the part of a motorist, which compromises the safety of others on the roadway, is reckless driving. A skilled lawyer can help you prove fault to obtain a favorable case outcome by gathering and effectively presenting medical evidence, accident reconstruction information, and witness testimony.
Some of the most common examples of reckless driving include the below:
- Street racing: Racing on a public roadway is against Texas law. However, these types of drag-racing or street-racing incidents do occur. A motorcyclist who is injured in a high-speed crash can potentially suffer fatal injuries.
- Speeding: A number of motorists routinely and commonly ignore speed limits. Speeding is dangerous because it reduces the time the driver has to react to traffic changes. Also, speeding can increase the probability of causing an accident that could result in severe injuries.
- Ignoring traffic control devices: Running a red light or stop sign at an intersection can increase the risk of catastrophic injuries. A number of motorcycle accidents also occur because other motorists fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcycles at intersections.
- Weaving and tailgating: These are just aggressive and dangerous driving practices that put others on the roadway at risk. Following too closely can also reduce the time a motorist has to react to changes in traffic flow such as sudden slowing.
- Sudden braking: A distracted or inattentive motorist may brake suddenly to avoid a collision. This can be disastrous for a motorcyclist who is following the vehicle because he or she may not have sufficient time to stop in order to avoid a crash.
The knowledgeable Texas motorcycle accident attorneys at the King Law Firm have been helping injured motorcycle accident victims for more than two decades. We understand the severe physical, emotional, and financial challenges you are facing at this time. Our goal is to help you hold the at-fault parties responsible and secure fair compensation for your losses. Please contact us at (512) 375-4455 for a free, no-obligation consultation.