Austin Broadside Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Every day, motorcycle enthusiasts ride safely on Texas highways, obeying traffic rules and looking out for careless car and truck drivers who may not be paying attention. Motorcyclists with even brief riding experience quickly learn to be on the lookout for impaired or distracted drivers, or for drivers who simply choose not to share the roads with motorcycles. Experienced motorcyclists realize that they must ride defensively in order to reduce their chances of becoming injured in a broadside accident.
Austin motorcycle attorney Ray King takes pride in helping those who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. A motorcycle enthusiast himself, he understands that this type of accident can result in serious injuries to relatively unprotected bike riders. Ray King’s legal and personal experience tells him that insurance companies are biased against motorcyclists who are often mistreated simply because they choose to ride a bike. He has devoted his entire career to helping fellow riders get the money they deserve. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, call (512) 375-4455 for a free initial consultation.
When the side of one vehicle comes into contact with the front of another, the resulting crash can be called a broadside accident. Other terms for a broadside accident include T-bone accidents and right-angle collisions. All three terms identify one of the most violent crashes possible other than head-on collisions. Broadside accidents unfortunately are far too common between automobiles and motorcycles. They may occur at intersections when a motor vehicle driver does not take the time to notice the approach of an oncoming motorcycle to the driver’s left or right. Broadside accidents most often occur as motorcycles approach on the driver’s left. Drivers fail to see the bike coming and turn out into its path. Drivers may make rolling stops at stop signs attempt to run through red lights. The failure to see an approaching motorcycle may be the result of distracted or impaired driving. The result is often devastating. The impact is capable of causing serious injuries and deaths.
Motorcyclists have very little to protect themselves from serious injuries in the event of broadside accidents. Common injuries suffered in broadside accidents include the following:
- Road rash - skin and bone abrasions. Road rash can take weeks of hospitalization to heal properly. Grafting of skin may be required. Victims may be scarred for life.
- Disfigurement - painful plastic surgery may be required to repair damage to the face and teeth.
- Spinal cord injuries - nerve impulses may fail to be transmitted from the brain to the rest of the body. Partial or complete paralysis may result.
- Fractures - fractures of the legs are very common in motorcycle broadside accidents. Wrist fractures may occur when motorcyclists reach out to protect themselves - a typical reflex reaction.
- Concussions/traumatic brain injuries - injuries to the brain reduce the victim’s ability to live independently and enjoy quality of life.
Have you or has a loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another’s negligent behavior? Texas motorcycle attorney Ray King wants to help make sure your rights are protected - not violated. He has established a valued professional reputation for helping injured motorcyclists receive the compensation they deserve. Please call (512) 375-4455 for a cost-free case evaluation.